The “Journey to the heart of the Atrato”, promoted by the Colombian government, will run its course until 27 September to provide humanitarian aid to more than 4,000 families from the towns of Riosucio, Carmen del Darién, Bojayá, Vigía del Fuerte and Beté.
• The operator is unveiling a unique technical solution that offers a catalogue of multimedia contents via satellite in maritime environments at its stand in Amsterdam.
• The visitors to the fair will also be able to watch the latest contents in 4K format from the “HISPASAT 4K” television channel freely available through the HISPASAT 30W-5 satellite within its European coverage.
This unique, high-capacity maritime connectivity solution allows clients to enjoy maximum flexibility and efficiency.
Hispasat, which boasts ideal coverage for this type of service in regions like the American and Caribbean coasts, strengthens its presence in the maritime connectivity sphere, one of the segments with the greatest growth potential in the spatial telecommunications sector.
• The operator will install a solar power plant for its own energy needs on the grounds of its satellite control centre in Arganda del Rey (Madrid) which will supply part of the electrical energy needed for its operations.
• This decision follows the initiative put in place last year to ensure that all electricity is supplied from renewable sources as part of the operator's commitment to respect for the environment.
• The Spanish operator will provide satellite connectivity in its areas of coverage for the expedition that will circumnavigate the world in a sailboat following the route made by Magellan and Elcano.
• The boat will start in Seville on August 10th, a three-year journey replicating the historic trip westward made by the Victoria in Sanlúcar de Barrameda in 1522.
• The operator is collaborating with the Complutense University of Madrid, providing space capacity and equipment to broadcast the television signals.
• HISPASAT is offering this service through its H30W-6 satellite.
This project focuses on exploring innovative communication formats in order to promote the digital transformation of news services.
For the second year in a row the operator will provide space capacity to provide coverage on mobile journalism stages, forming part of new integrated networks and facilitating cloud-based work in a completely different way than usual.
• Hispasat, which boasts ideal coverage for this service in regions such as the Mediterranean, Americas and Caribbean, strengthens its presence in the maritime connectivity sphere, one of the segments with the greatest growth potential in the satellite telecommunications sector.
• Satlink, which specialises in products and services intended for the maritime sector, expands its VSAT portoflio (Internet access, voice and data via satellite).
The Inspiring Girls Foundation, together with HISPASAT, has organised a speed networking event for girls from the Canary Islands and female role models from the Spanish satellite operator to learn the amazing professional opportunities that a little known sector offers for our young women.
• Paloma Pérez Jiménez, a student in the last year of the Aerospace Engineering Degree in the University of Sevilla and a course held at the Universitá degli Studi di Napoli Federico II ( Erasmus program), has been selected as the winner of a 5,000 Euro grant
• The operator aims to promote the presence of female talent in areas of engineering in order to help more women enter this sector in the future.
The research prize, this year focusing on the topic “Usefulness and Benefit of Satellites”, has been awarded to the work entitled “Até que ponto a tecnología dos satélites que disponibilizou o sistema GPS influencia no tempo da vida das pessoas” presented by the Miguel de Cervantes School in São Paulo (Brazil).
The Brazilian team made up of Mariana Camargo Rubim, Rafaela Boyadjian Anjos and Camila Castillo Paranhos will enjoy an all-expenses paid space camp in Madrid in June which will include a visit to the operator's satellite control centre in Arganda del Rey.
The T5, a small and easy-to-use portable terminal developed by Ovzon, is the core of a highly reliable broadband solution, ideal for government, multimedia and emergency services.
Hispasat will supply Ovzon with the satellite capacity to provide its services in Europe and Latin America, where the companies will jointly market this solution.
The agreement will accelerate growth for both companies.
The Spanish operator will participate in the debates organised during the event and will be present in the trade fair's exhibition area where it will display its new satellite WiFi solution in collaboration with Facebook.
The company remains committed to innovation and is unveiling new advanced satellite reception terminals at its stand.
• Through this partnership, the two companies will work together on the roll out of satellite Wi-Fi hotspots in different regions of Brazil, using Hispasat's satellite capacity and Facebook’s Express Wi-Fi platform to reach underserved areas.
• The Wi-Fi hotspots allow local internet service providers to offer prepaid data packs in areas with limited resources and poor connectivity.
• hiSky and HISPASAT completed successful installation at Amazonas 5 gateway in Ixtlahuaca de Rayón (Mexico) of a hub to control hiSky’s terminals, the Smartellites.
• Several demonstrations in Mexico City showed the reliable and efficient Smartellite™ voice and data transmissions.
• Both companies signed an Agreement in 2017 to jointly commercialize this solution in Spain, Portugal, Latin America and North Africa.
Installed over a 30,000 m2 area that will allow the teleport to be expanded in the future, the new control centre features 33 antennas and cutting-edge technology, requiring an investment of more than 9 million Euros.
From Serviente, HISPAMAR will control the satellites from the Amazonas fleet, which offer a wide range of telecommunications services, such as broadcasting multimedia content, hosting corporate networks, providing backhaul for mobile telephones and ensuring high-performance connectivity in the Ka band available on the Amazonas 5 satellite.
The Spanish operator will present at its stand a technical solution in Las Vegas Show to complement the linear television with a catalogue of additional content that viewers can watch whenever they want without having to be connected to the Internet.
HISPASAT is positioned as an important operator in the television sphere by offering its clients advanced solutions for broadcasting multimedia contents.
El operador sigue fomentando el talento femenino en las áreas de ingeniería con el fin de
contar en el futuro con más mujeres que trabajen en este sector.
La Beca HISPASAT “Mujer Ingeniera” financia los estudios de postgrado en el ámbito
aeroespacial a una alumna de Ingeniería Aeronáutica o de Telecomunicaciones.
• The HISPASAT building in Madrid will join the campaign promoted by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) on Saturday, 30 March.
• “Earth Hour” is the largest global initiative to defend the environment.
The Amazonas 2 satellite will provide live broadcasts of the multimedia contents produced by Kroton to its centres distributed throughout the country.
Satellites are the ideal infrastructure to broadcast live high-quality multimedia content, both in large cities as well as small towns in the interior.
The two companies have reached an agreement to connect remote areas in Mexico using the Ka band for the next three years.
Users will have a catalogue of services tailored to their different needs and budgets.
With this agreement the Spanish operator is taking another step towards extending connectivity in Mexico with its Amazonas 5 satellite.
GetSAT's small, lightweight and energy efficient terminals provide essential benefits for the success of critical missions.
The HISPASAT fleet and the company's operating capacity allow it to offer services in scenarios which require rapid response times combined with extensive broadband use to transmit data.
With this collaboration, both companies add business opportunities in aerial, maritime, terrestrial services and drones.
• El operador satelital español renueva, por cuarta temporada consecutiva, su patrocinio de ESTUAMEB, la escuela de baloncesto en silla de ruedas impulsada por las tres entidades.
• Los jugadores de ESTUAMEB participarán en una exhibición durante el descanso del partido que enfrenta al Movistar Estudiantes con el UCAM Murcia CB el 24 de marzo en el Wizink Center.
The two companies have installed terminals in ten towns in the region to offer satellite-based connectivity through purchasing hourly passes.
The payment system using prepaid passes provides greater simplicity, flexibility and comfort for end users and allows them to tailor their Internet usage to their needs and finances.
The initiative, which in the next few months will spread to different regions in the country, is a new addition to the activities that Hispasat has been carrying out in Colombia since 2013 to bridge the digital divide in the country.
• The president of the satellite operator, Elena Pisonero, will be involved in the event which focuses on promoting technical jobs for women and highlighting their importance in these fields.
• This collaboration forms part of HISPASAT's Corporate Social Responsibility policy, with its firm commitment to helping people and communities to develop and specifically to promoting education and equality.
The Spanish operator participates in a demonstration involving 5G connectivity for emergency services with a connected ambulance, an initiative promoted by the Generalitat of Catalonia, SEM, Vodafone, i2CAT, Hispasat, Juniper Networks e Iecisa and other members of the 5G Barcelona consortium.
Moreover, it presents a flat antenna, developed together with Phasor for professional road transport vehicles, which would be integrated into the ambulance in order to provide satellite connection throughout its journey.
Hispasat currently connects more than 2,300 mobile phone base stations from space.
- The operator is backing the Humanising Children’s Hospital Programme of the ATRESMEDIA Foundation, helping to broadcast the FAN3 channel.
- FAN3 is broadcast to more than 180 hospitals throughout Spain thanks to the collaboration of HISPASAT’s satellites.
- This initiative forms part of HISPASAT's Corporate Social Responsibility policy, in its commitment to help people and communities to develop.
• FunBox UHD will be broadcast on the 4K content distribution platform that HISPASAT manages together with Media Broadcast Satellite.
• The channel will broadcast with EMEA coverage from the H30W-5 satellite for an initial period of 5 years.