HISPASAT, the Spanish telecommunications satellite operator, has signed an agreement with Tele Greenland A/S, the national communications company in Greenland, to lease space capacity on the Amazonas Nexus satellite until the end of its lifetime.
- The satellite operator will facilitate the necessary communications in the five Championship
races, which will attract more than 700 athletes this weekend.
- The service will include the deployment of a portable terminal at the finish line of the Spanish
Vertical Race Championship, located at Pico de Las Lomas, at over an altitude of over 2,400
The pilot will be run in six locations: three in Zamora (Santa Cristina de la Polvorosa, Fermoselle and Coreses), two in Teruel (Valdealgolfa and Mosqueruela) and one in Soria (Duruelo de la Sierra).
Satellite connectivity will allow these Correos offices to improve their efficiency and be able to offer real-time administrative services and operations, such as instant money transfers and tax payments.
HISPASAT, the Spanish telecommunications satellite operator of the Red Electrica Group, has renewed its support for inclusive basketball for the sixth consecutive year through its sponsorship of ESTUAMEB, the wheelchair basketball school promoted by the Fundación Estudiantes and the Asociación Madrileña de Espina Bífida (AMEB - Spina Bifida Association of Madrid). This agreement includes organising the summer wheelchair basketball camp which starts tomorrow in Madrid.
The loan granted will be used to finance the launch service and insurance for the satellite.
With this milestone, HISPASAT completes the financing of the space segment of the Amazonas Nexus mission, that will be launched in 2022.
The transaction is the first EXIM financing of a satellite-related export since 2015 and is a sign of support from the financial market to the Spanish operator and the Amazonas Nexus project.
• María Molina Delicado, an Electronic Communications Engineering student at the Complutense University of Madrid, has been selected as the winner of the 5,000 euro grant.
• The satellite operator has awarded its fifth annual scholarship to a female engineer to study a master’s degree in the space sector.
• The company aims to encourage talented women in engineering fields so that more women will work in this sector in the future.
● The study aims to design the satellite architecture and communication and navigation services to be used in future moon exploration missions.
● Led by Telespazio, the international consortium, also includes satellite operators, manufacturers, SMEs, universities and research centres.
Thanks to this agreement, HISPASAT reinforces its position as a leading operator for services related to satellite television in South America.
This action is the first step in executing the 2020-25 Strategic Plan, aimed at turning HISPASAT into a services and satellite solutions company.
- The Minister of Education of Honduras and the Ambassador of Spain have inaugurated this service donated by HISPASAT as part of the aid provided by Spain after the disaster caused by hurricanes Eta and Iota.
- The operator is providing WiFi satellite terminals, satellite capacity and a remote education solution for the next nine months to 15 schools and rural communities located in different departments in the country.
- Following disasters like this, in which thousands of students were left without Internet access, satellite technology is a key tool to contribute to re-establishing communications as it is independent of land-based infrastructure and is not affected by natural disasters.
• The operator supports bringing in exceptional women into the fields of engineering to increase the presence of women in the sector.
• The HISPASAT “Female Engineer” Scholarship finances postgraduate studies in the aerospace field for one female student from Aeronautics or Telecommunications Engineering.
HISPASAT has signed a multi-year and multi-transponder agreement with Gilat Satellite Networks, to renew and expand the contracted satellite capacity to extend the mobile networks in the United States using Amazonas 2 and 3 satellites located in the 61º West orbital position. As part of this agreement HISPASAT will connect hundreds of base stations of Gilat’s strategic customers, including several mobile operators.
• The operator will continue supporting the Humanising Children's Hospitals Programme of the Fundación ATRESMEDIA, helping to broadcast the FAN3 channel.
• FAN3 is broadcast in 165 hospitals throughout Spain with the help of HISPASAT's satellites.
• This initiative forms part of HISPASAT's Sustainability policy in its commitment to personal and community development.