Installed over a 30,000 m2 area that will allow the teleport to be expanded in the future, the new control centre features 33 antennas and cutting-edge technology, requiring an investment of more than 9 million Euros.
From Serviente, HISPAMAR will control the satellites from the Amazonas fleet, which offer a wide range of telecommunications services, such as broadcasting multimedia content, hosting corporate networks, providing backhaul for mobile telephones and ensuring high-performance connectivity in the Ka band available on the Amazonas 5 satellite.
The Spanish operator will present at its stand a technical solution in Las Vegas Show to complement the linear television with a catalogue of additional content that viewers can watch whenever they want without having to be connected to the Internet.
HISPASAT is positioned as an important operator in the television sphere by offering its clients advanced solutions for broadcasting multimedia contents.
El operador sigue fomentando el talento femenino en las áreas de ingeniería con el fin de
contar en el futuro con más mujeres que trabajen en este sector.
La Beca HISPASAT “Mujer Ingeniera” financia los estudios de postgrado en el ámbito
aeroespacial a una alumna de Ingeniería Aeronáutica o de Telecomunicaciones.
• The HISPASAT building in Madrid will join the campaign promoted by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) on Saturday, 30 March.
• “Earth Hour” is the largest global initiative to defend the environment.
The Amazonas 2 satellite will provide live broadcasts of the multimedia contents produced by Kroton to its centres distributed throughout the country.
Satellites are the ideal infrastructure to broadcast live high-quality multimedia content, both in large cities as well as small towns in the interior.
The two companies have reached an agreement to connect remote areas in Mexico using the Ka band for the next three years.
Users will have a catalogue of services tailored to their different needs and budgets.
With this agreement the Spanish operator is taking another step towards extending connectivity in Mexico with its Amazonas 5 satellite.
GetSAT's small, lightweight and energy efficient terminals provide essential benefits for the success of critical missions.
The HISPASAT fleet and the company's operating capacity allow it to offer services in scenarios which require rapid response times combined with extensive broadband use to transmit data.
With this collaboration, both companies add business opportunities in aerial, maritime, terrestrial services and drones.
• El operador satelital español renueva, por cuarta temporada consecutiva, su patrocinio de ESTUAMEB, la escuela de baloncesto en silla de ruedas impulsada por las tres entidades.
• Los jugadores de ESTUAMEB participarán en una exhibición durante el descanso del partido que enfrenta al Movistar Estudiantes con el UCAM Murcia CB el 24 de marzo en el Wizink Center.
The two companies have installed terminals in ten towns in the region to offer satellite-based connectivity through purchasing hourly passes.
The payment system using prepaid passes provides greater simplicity, flexibility and comfort for end users and allows them to tailor their Internet usage to their needs and finances.
The initiative, which in the next few months will spread to different regions in the country, is a new addition to the activities that Hispasat has been carrying out in Colombia since 2013 to bridge the digital divide in the country.
• The president of the satellite operator, Elena Pisonero, will be involved in the event which focuses on promoting technical jobs for women and highlighting their importance in these fields.
• This collaboration forms part of HISPASAT's Corporate Social Responsibility policy, with its firm commitment to helping people and communities to develop and specifically to promoting education and equality.
The Spanish operator participates in a demonstration involving 5G connectivity for emergency services with a connected ambulance, an initiative promoted by the Generalitat of Catalonia, SEM, Vodafone, i2CAT, Hispasat, Juniper Networks e Iecisa and other members of the 5G Barcelona consortium.
Moreover, it presents a flat antenna, developed together with Phasor for professional road transport vehicles, which would be integrated into the ambulance in order to provide satellite connection throughout its journey.
Hispasat currently connects more than 2,300 mobile phone base stations from space.
- The operator is backing the Humanising Children’s Hospital Programme of the ATRESMEDIA Foundation, helping to broadcast the FAN3 channel.
- FAN3 is broadcast to more than 180 hospitals throughout Spain thanks to the collaboration of HISPASAT’s satellites.
- This initiative forms part of HISPASAT's Corporate Social Responsibility policy, in its commitment to help people and communities to develop.
• FunBox UHD will be broadcast on the 4K content distribution platform that HISPASAT manages together with Media Broadcast Satellite.
• The channel will broadcast with EMEA coverage from the H30W-5 satellite for an initial period of 5 years.