This new agreement signed between the two companies expands and extends the currently contracted capacity from the Spanish operator until December 2024.
HISPASAT offers this managed broadband service thanks to the capacity from its Amazonas 5 satellite.
El proyecto ha sido presentado esta mañana contando con representantes de Mobile World Capital Barcelona, Hispasat, Conselh Generau d’Aran, Arantec y Fundación i2CAT, quienes han puesto en valor las múltiples funcionalidades que proporciona la cobertura de banda ancha que permite la conexión satelital.Read more Read more
The presidents of Redeia, Hispasat and SEPI visited the facilities of Thales Alenia Space today to learn more about the manufacturing process of the Amazonas Nexus
Hispasat’s latest satellite is focused on connectivity in remote environments and aerial and maritime connectivity in the Americas, Greenland and the north and south Atlantic corridors
The companies are strengthening their collaboration with a new capacity contract for cruise and yacht connectivity.Read more Read more
A group of internationally renowned Spanish companies and academia led by Redeia’s satellite operator HISPASAT has announced their participation in the feasibility study of Caramuel mission, the world’s first geostationary satellite mission aimed at quantum key distribution, one of the main technologies that will define secure communications in the future. The feasibility study of Caramuel mission is funded by the European Space Agency and the Spanish space industry is highly involved in its execution.Read more Read more
Wave OTT, powered by the NAGRA OpenTV Video Platform, will be on display at the NAGRA stand (1C81) at the IBC trade fair in Amsterdam.
This service allows pay television operators, internet service providers (ISP) and content companies to offer a high-quality multi-screen entertainment service to their clients through the Internet.
This new contract increases the contracted capacity in these two areas for the 2023-24 season and is oriented at providing entertainment and value-added solutions on board cruise ships and other recreation vessels.Read more Read more
The bank syndicate, composed of five financial institutions, granted HISPASAT this multi-currency revolving funding of up to 250 million euros to reinforce its liquidity and support the execution of its 2020-25 Strategic Plan.Read more Read more
Mercé Riba Monzó, graduada en Ingeniería de Vehículos Aeroespaciales por la UPC de Terrassa, ha sido la beneficiaria de una ayuda económica de 5.000 euros.
El operador de satélites ha concedido su sexta beca anual a una mujer ingeniera para que realice un máster habilitante en el ámbito espacial.
La compañía quiere fomentar así la presencia del talento femenino en las áreas de ingeniería con el fin de poder contar en el futuro con más mujeres trabajando en este sector.
Thanks to this agreement, more than 60 communities located in remote parts of Mexico will be able to rely on mobile telephone and internet service in public spaces, schools and healthcare centers, thanks to the extension of the LTE rural network promoted by CFE TEIT via satellite.Read more Read more
• Last year the Group had an EBITDA of 136.2 million euro and a net profit of 55.8 million euro, of which 44.6 million will be distributed as a dividend.
• The company has reduced its net financial debt by 35% compared to 2020, which now sits at 112.5 million euro.
• The operator will showcase this solution at its stand (W8510) which will allow pay television operators and service providers to rely on a high-quality, multi-screen entertainment service by internet.
• The company will also present Hispasat Wave Video in Las Vegas, its latest generation of managed services that provides greater flexibility to its clients to reduce their costs and extend their reach to the largest audience possible.
The Amazonas fleet of satellites, located at 61º West, together with the teleport of HISPASAT Peru located in Lurín allow the companies to offer the most cutting edge and flexible multimedia solutions by satellite in all of Latin America.Read more Read more
Thanks to this service, promoted by the federal agency CFE TEIT (CFE Telecomunicaciones e internet para todos - Telecommunications and internet for everyone), the residents in these towns will be able to enjoy free internet access on their devices through an open WiFi hotspot located in public areas.Read more Read more
• Gracias a esta alianza, ambas entidades contribuirán a la digitalización de poblaciones pequeñas, tanto para uso residencial como para soluciones corporativas y de gestión municipal, ganadera o forestal, entre otras.
• Dentro de su iniciativa Conéctate, HISPASAT ha lanzado un servicio mayorista de banda ancha por satélite de hasta 100 Mbps para el cierre de la brecha digital en todo el territorio español.
• Under this new name, HISPASAT groups a wide range of services and solutions, adaptable to each client’s different needs in its leading markets.
• The operator will attend the Washington Satellite Show once again this year, where it will also present the latest advances in its new satellite, the Amazonas Nexus.
This operation positions HISPASAT as a leader in the market of satellite solutions for telecommunications operators, corporate networks and public administrations in Latin America.
This agreement enables HISPASAT’s 2020-25 Strategic Plan to be accelerated, aiming to transform the company into a satellite solutions and services provider.
The operator has donated a complete digital classroom solution and satellite broadband access that will benefit more than 400 students to the Plan de Chorcha Educational Center, located in Ngäbe-Buglé, one of the country’s most mountainous regions.
The presentation ceremony of this pilot project featured the president of the Republic of Panama, Laurentino Cortizo, and the minister of Education, Maruja Gorday de Villalobos.
• Both companies have signed an agreement for the joint roll-out and marketing of this wholesale service in the region, which will be available in the Spring of 2022.
• This new service complements HISPASAT’S offer of audiovisual services, which was strengthened last year with the acquisition from Telefónica of the video signal transport and management business of Media Networks Latin America.
El operador fomenta el talento femenino en las áreas de ingeniería para incrementar la presencia de mujeres en el sector.
La Beca HISPASAT “Mujer Ingeniera” financia los estudios de postgrado en el ámbito aeroespacial a una alumna de Ingeniería Aeronáutica o de Telecomunicaciones.
El despliegue de la tecnología satelital permitirá disponer de cobertura de calidad en entornos actualmente aislados de la Val d’Aran.
El acuerdo también establece el impulso de soluciones centradas en ámbitos como la gestión de emergencias y riesgos naturales, el turismo o el control de la fauna.
The operator will take part in a pilot satellite connectivity project in remote, highly mountainous areas that it will develop in cooperation with MWCapital, the Conselh Generau d’Aran and Arantec.Read more Read more
This combined solution provides an early forest fire prevention and detection system through
IoT sensors placed in forests.
The two companies have expanded their strategic collaboration agreement to North America, where they will provide Ovzon’s services using capacity from HISPASAT's fleet.
This agreement complements the joint offer of the two companies, already present in Latin America and Europe
The President of HISPASAT, Jordi Hereu, and the Chairman of Repsol, Antonio Brufau, have signed a partnership agreement to develop new high-end technological applications that will revolutionize reforestation tracking and control and the management of large forested areas as a tool for offsetting emissions.
The use of satellite technology ensures universal, efficient and continuous connectivity which will make it possible to very accurately certify the amount of carbon absorbed by the trees over the years